Oyster's Distributed Discussions - Hosted by Ali Greene
S1E1 - Remote Ready & Able with Ayodeji Jeremiah, COO @ BELAY Associates
Host Ali Greene takes a deep dive into Ayodeji Jeremiah’s experience with remote work and gets him to share the really incredible things he discovered through the Oyster Remote Ready Program.
He shares his thoughts on why it shouldn’t be necessary for the world to go back to work in offices post-covid - at all.
Ayodeji Jeremiah is the chief operations officer at BELAY Associates. He has become an expert and passionate advocate for working remotely in all sectors of corporate.
He shares great insights on the benefits for both employees and companies of working remotely but also highlights the challenges faced by all and while there are ways to overcome these challenges, we still have a long way to go when it comes to changing the legacy mindsets.
He encourages companies to re-imagine the way they work when attempting to go remote, rather than simply trying to recreate the office environment at home to avoid fatiguing their employees.
This episode offers much to think about, whether you are a CEO, a manager or simply working remotely.
Key Discussion Points:
- How Ayodeji started working remotely
- Helping his team adjust to working remotely
- Dealing with remote work challenges
- Thoughts on remote working tools
- Reasons why there is difficulty accepting remote work
- Responsibility of employers of remote workers
- How to reach the right candidates while recruiting
- Benefits of the Oyster Remote Ready program
- Where he stands on the remote salary debate
Brought to you by Oyster & Ali Greene of Oyster's Distributed Discussions - Hosted by Ali Greene